Our way… the ‘Mariposa Way’. It’s more than a philosophy, it’s an approach that draws upon modern research but follows age old values.
We value children growing up with the understandings, skills and dispositions to be caring people and effective learners, able to contribute to their world and to enjoy rich and successful relationships with others. This journey starts at babyhood. Childhood is the time where foundations are laid for future health, learning and wellbeing. Childhood is a unique time of life, to be valued and enjoyed in its own right.
For the children we will:
- Provide a clean, warm, professional and safe environment with quality staff that work to the highest standard, we’ve created a space to nurture and invest in your children
- Acknowledge children from birth are active and competent learners
- Encourage children’s learning through play by providing for their interests and expanding their knowledge and skills
- Promote resilience, a sense of belonging, self-worth, secure attachments and warm trusting relationships and interactions
- Seek to strengthen critical thinking, intellectual curiosity and informed risk-taking.
Promote communication and problem solving skills, together with social and cultural learning and awareness, and the capacity to express and acknowledge feelings
With the community we will:
- Connect children and families at our service and “village”
- Share our knowledge and expertise
- Maintain our centre’s methods to follow best practice government approved framework
Promote the value and contribution of our services within the broader community